A week after providing the update that makes Material Design available for Android Auto, Google continues to allow company services to have a visual makeover. This time the company decided to reformulate the layout of Blogger, making it clearly more optimized and attractive to users.
In addition to the design change, the search giant made a reformulation in some options present on the platform, allowing some features to be improved and other new ones added to give an even more complete usability.
One of the main reasons for the change is the fact that the company is in need of providing a flatter look for mobile devices, since Blogger's responsiveness has also been improved, making cell phone users able to use this service more easily.
Among the novelties are the possibility of hiding the side menu by means of a “hamburger” style option, where access to the functionalities remains, but are more visually hidden to allow cleaner usability, something that was not previously possible.
The way the published articles are organized has also changed, starting to appear in the form of cards, giving even more prominence to the title and facilitating the search for a certain content. To update to the new Material Design, just click on the option “Try new Blogger!”, Present in the lower left corner of the home page.
Check out the features that were added with the update below:
- Statistics: the blog's statistics page has been revamped to show the most important data;
- Comments: the comments section has been modified to facilitate interaction with your community and ensure easier and immediate moderation of comments;
- Post: the search function has been improved to facilitate the identification of pages;
- Editor: support for tables, addition of multimedia content such as photos and videos and much more;
- Reading list: the experience of reading articles through mobile devices has been improved;
- Settings: the organization of the content related to the settings has been revised to make scrolling the menu easier.