The Mayor of Oeiras assured, this Tuesday, that the NOS Alive festival will not take place this year on the Passeio Marítimo de Algés. The producer responsible for the event sends the final decision to the Council of Ministers this Thursday.
“You have to continue to plan and work, but of course there are certain events, which for reasons that have to do with the care and prudence that you have to take, with regard to gatherings, which certainly cannot be accomplish. There are major festivals that are not going to take place. It is more or less known that NOS Alive will not be held this year ”, said Isaltino Morais in an extraordinary session of the Municipal Assembly, quoted by Renascença radio.
It is recalled that the producer Everything is New, responsible for organizing the festival, which usually takes place at Passeio Marítimo de Algés, has not yet officially announced that the event was canceled.
Upon canceling the tour of Taylor Swift, one of Alive's headliners, the production company said it would announce a decision after the lifting of the state of emergency, which ended on May 2.
Last week, in an interview with RTP, the Prime Minister, António Costa, said that this week the Government would decide what to do with the summer festivals, admitting that there is an “enormous probability” of deciding for their non-realization.
What the online newspaper Observer found, Álvaro Covões refers the final decision on the festival to the Council of Ministers this Thursday.
NOS Alive 2020 is scheduled for July 8-11 and, in addition to the American singer, has names like Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, The Strokes, Faith No More, Da Weasel and Caribou.